We love brownies and we love cookies. So let’s try ‘Brookies’ today! They have the softness of brownies and the crisp crust of cookies and generous amount of chocolate.
- Chocolate (break into small pieces) – 200 grams
- Butter – 75 grams
- Eggs – 2 medium-sized
- White powdered sugar – 100 grams
- Brown sugar – 25 grams
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Flour – 125 grams (wheat and maida mix or all of wheat or maida, as per choice)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Choco-chips – 2 tbsp (optional)
1. Sieve the dry ingredients excluding sugar.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar using a hand mixer until the sugar dissolves.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Mix well until the chocolate gets soft. Don’t overheat.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
5. Finally add this to the dry mixture and sprinkle some choco-chips as well. Please see the video below to get a sense of the desired consistency.
6. Once the batter is prepared, leave in the chiller for ½ an hour. The batter should become dense enough to be scooped by hand or utensil into 40 gram pieces, onto a baking tray.
7. Preheat the oven to 185℃. Bake for 15 minutes.
If the batter is too watery, add some flour.
This dish is sure to go well with ice-cream on a hot summer day! See you all in Monday’s post. Till then!